Agenda and Megathemes for the Day
Alex Freedland | Mirantis Co-founder and Board Member of OpenStack Foundation
Looking ahead: OpenStack, Eucalyptus, Open Source, Enterprise and the cloud?
Martin Fink | EVP and CTO, HP | Marten Mickos | CEO, Eucalyptus Hewlett Packard has announced plans to acquire Eucalyptus. Martin Fink and Marten Mickos present a look ahead at what this holds for open source, the cloud, the enterprise and OpenStack.
Lightning Talk Ken Ross | Director of Product Management, Brocade
The Software Defined Economy
Jonathan Bryce | Executive Director, OpenStack Foundation No matter what size your organization is, it’s not moving fast enough. Software innovation is make-or-break. If infrastructure isn’t part of the solution, it’s part of the problem.
Lightning Talk Harshal Pimpalkhute | Product Marketing, A10 Networks
Policy for the Cloud Frontier
Martin Casado | CTO of Networking, VMware Automation is great. Everyone loves the promise of all cloud operations codified as running programs tirelessly doing the work of dozens of operators. read more…
Lightning Talk Jennifer Lin | Juniper Networks
The lie of the Benevolent Dictator; the truth of a working democratic meritocracy
Randy Bias | CEO and Founder, Cloudscaling You’ve all heard the refrain: “OpenStack can’t do X because there is no benevolent dictator as with Linux.” The problem is not with the governance model. read more…
Lightning Talk Chris Kemp | Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Nebula
OpenStack 2016: Boom or Bust?
Adrian Ionel | CEO, Mirantis OpenStack is on a tear. Or so it seems. Yet critics are quick to point out the run-away success of public clouds and the small number of OpenStack deployments running big workloads. And how do application developers feel about OpenStack anyway? The talk offers a different way to look at OpenStack, along with a few ideas how to increase the odds for a landslide win.
Lightning Talk Bill Franklin | V.P., OpenStack and Technology Enablement, HP Converge Cloud, HP
Is open source cloud a winner-take-all game?
- Gary Chen (Moderator) | Research Manager, IDC
- Marten Mickos | CEO, Eucalytpus
- Steve Wilson | VP & Product Unit Manager Cloud Platforms, Citrix Cloudstack
- Jim Curry | SVP & GM of Strategy & Corporate Development, Rackspace
As open source makes cloud both free and frictionless, does it need to be a winner-take-all game? read more…
If OpenStack is so awesome, why doesn’t every enterprise run on it?
- Chris Kemp | Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Nebula
- Peter ffoulkes | Research Director, Servers and Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Jo Maitland | Analyst for Google Cloud Platform
- Alessandro Perilli | VP & GM, Open Hybrid Cloud, Red Hat
OpenStack can solve cloud problems and datacenter problems. Can it do both? read more…
Open Source Business Models: Open Core, Open Everything or…
- Jonathan Bryce (Moderator) | Executive Director, OpenStack Foundation
- Jonathan Donaldson | General Manager, Software Defined Infrastructure, Intel
- Brian Gentile | VP & GM, Tibco Jaspersoft
- Tarkan Maner | Chairman & CEO, Nexenta Systems
- Nati Shalom | CTO & Founder, Gigaspaces
When it’s free/libre/gratis, who gets to keep the money? Open source software is now the norm, not a niche. read more…